Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tough Guise vs. Killing us Softly

Tough Guise was a very controversial video. I thought that some of the things narrator said weren't exactly true. Overall I really enjoyed the video it was interesting and had a lot of facts in it that I did now know of. I think that it had a really good way of brining up how men don't have to be that tough guy, one who's doesn't cry and doesn't show emotion in situations when it's okay to show emotion. The video was true you see in all the movies that we watch people telling there children, friends, family that are males real men don't cry or real men are tough. That statement is not exactly true. It's okay for men to cry and be compassionate it takes a stronger man to be do these things then it does to act tough.

Killing us Softly was also a very controversial video. It illustrates many different ways women are used in the media. Like how they airbrush women on magazines and make there skin look flawless. In truth they are creating a world of women that will never exist. I think that this video would help a lot of people in the world who have self esteem issues because most of the time the people you see in ads have been photoshoped to make his/her body look better for that ad. This video made it very clear how the media are truly in it just for the money because the prettier and the skinner the person they have the more people who will be fooled into thinking, oh well if I but that product I will look like him/her. And when that person buys that product the company just makes more and more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment